Monday, November 9, 2009

The Week of November 9th Begins with a Bang!

So the week is off to a racing start! Lots going on, lots to do! First up, Bill Cosby was in London last night to perform his one-man show. I wasn't able to attend, but am eagerly awaiting the reviews. Hopefully they will be good. In the meantime, I did to a small write-up about the show which you can read on BWW Toronto:
Bill Cosby Hits London Ontario

I also had a write-up go up on August: Osage County. Another show I would have loved to have seen, although time didn't permit. Unfortunately it's only in TO for a short run...it closes on the 15th. Early reviews are fabulous, especially for Estelle Parsons who plays the lead role, a pill popping matriarch or a crazy dysfunctional family that comes together when their patriarch disappears. If you are in the Toronto Area, try and check it out! Rush tickets are available which makes this Tony Winning Play affordable to just about everyone, and if you want more information you can get it at my other BWW entry: August: Osage County Opens in Toronto

Who knows what the rest of the week will bring? Unfortunately things have been slightly derailed for me as I have an unaccepted meeting I must attend tomorrow. Wednesday is Rememberance Day so I will be wearing my poppy proudly, and hopefully getting caught up on some Blogging as well as some articles for BroadwayWorld. Currently in the works is an interview with The Sound of Music's Elicia MacKenzie. Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of interviewing her and co-star Burke Moses about the challenges surrounding being in a long-running production such as this one. Burke's interview has already run, and I suspect Elicia's will be live on the website tomorrow.

So we are off to the races, watch this space for further updates on all the exciting things happening in Southwestern Ontario's theatre scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment